In the neighborhood?

A first date is already nerve wracking enough without destination confusion. We had made plans to meet at a specific restaurant at 7. I knew the neighborhood and by the description of the building I thought I knew where I was going. I texted him before to get the address. He gave me three "cross streets" in a general neighborhood.

I arrive 10 minutes early to where I think I belong. The building looks right but the name is wrong and the cross streets don't match up. The cross streets made a triangle with three similar Tex-Mex restaurants in the neighborhood...needle in hay stack.

As I'm parking near the restaurant that is closest to the description, my phone rings.

"Hey Shanea'. This is T. Where are you at?"

"I hope I'm at the right place. I'm at El Real the one that looks like the old movie theater."

"Well, it looks like we both went to the wrong place.

::insert confused stare at phone::

"I thought I was right. It matched your description but I though the name was off. Where do you want me to meet you? Do you have an address?

"Well, no. If you go this way, then this way but don't dross this street you'll find this other restaurant."

"Ok, I'll be there in a few."

So glad I didn't pay to valet...

Strike #1: When you ask a lady to dinner, you should know where you are going. If she asks for the address, then have it available...or at least (correct) cross streets with a very obvious landmark if she knows the neighborhood.

So I take off driving in the direction of my new destination with vague directions and again....no address. I finally make it and shoot him a message because I don't see anyone waiting anywhere that looks like his photo.

"Parking out front."

"I'm in the back up the stairs...come in."

I made my way up. He was already sitting there with a drink and appetizer...eating. It's not like it took me an hour to get there...maybe 12 minutes.

Strike #2...the only reason you don't greet your date at the door is if you are in a room full of lit candles with 6 dozen roses on one knee waiting to propose. This is a first date. I'd like to meet you and shake your hand before it's covered in nacho grease.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honduras 2016: The One and Only Thing

Intuition 101: Trusting the Little Voice

Things to Put in Your Mouth: Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies