Follow Your Arrow and Bring Ear Plugs...and Have your Best Friend on Speed Dial

Before we get too far into this post, here is some entertainment for your listening pleasure.




This is one of the latest jams on my playlist. I know it's been out awhile but that doesn't change my liking any less. I don't condone or agree with all of the statements the artist makes but I appreciate the sentiment.
Can't win for losing, you'll just disappoint 'em,
Just cause you can't beat 'em, don't mean you should join 'em.
Regardless of the decisions you make for yourself, others will always think what they will and probably tell someone else their opinion of you. It isn't always hard to ignore a single comment here or there but after while the pile of junk other have left in your brain can get heavy.

This is the weight I feel sometimes. It's the little looks here, snide comments there that all add up to chip away at my sense of self-worth and destiny.

Yes, I should be strong enough to ignore "all of that" but I am human and there are days I don't.

Proverbs 16:24 says "Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." (The Reformation Study Bible)

kinder
Photo Credit My Soulful Home
Some days I need a little honeycomb. Such words have healing value for human relationships and for personal well-being. This isn't a ploy to fish for compliments. It is a request for a little more niceness in the world. Maybe the kind thing could be to keep your mouth shut and your looks to yourself. I have found that when I do this I have a little more peace in my life though it is a hard habit to grow.


Let's all try to be a little kinder...a little more patient as the weeks and months roll on. This is much more practical than carrying around bundles of honeycomb.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honduras 2016: The One and Only Thing

Intuition 101: Trusting the Little Voice

Things to Put in Your Mouth: Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies