Things to Make: Tabbie Blanket
I started with pattern 1681 from Simplicity. Once I got the hang of it I modified the dimensions to go with what I had in my remnant stack without making any more remnants. I decided too that I liked a slightly larger blanket than the pattern. Most of my final dimensions were 16"x10" rectangles though this varied greatly by the pieces I had. The most important thing was to keep in mind that a little person will be snuggling this. Most commercially available products are small hand held blankies so it doesn't need to be huge.
If you don't want to purchase the pattern, there are great instructions available on the blog BackToHerRoots.com under Lovey Tag Blanket.
Below and above are a couple of my finished products. My results were a combo of pattern, blog instructions and winging it. So far my little recipients have had rave reviews. :-)
I didn't think far enough ahead to take photos of them in process. Maybe in the future when I am feeling more ambitious. In the meantime check out the links. Others have done really great instructional posts.
By the way, I have a few of these done in my stash of goodies. If you decide to procreate you might be the next recipient. ;-P
Happy crafting!
Comments
Post a Comment