Things to Put in Your Mouth: Crockpot Italian Chicken


As I work more, I realize I need to cook and eat out less. Also my wallet reminds me that I should be more frugal. I know that when lunch comes around I need something hot and hearty. A sandwich is fine some days but I usually want something more substantial.

I found this recipe on Pintrest in my quest for something easy and used mostly things I already had at home. It's fabulous for an easy meal. Pair it with noodles and a green salad and you can feed a crowd. It freezes and reheats well. This easy meal is a staple in my lunch line up.

I have only ever used the Wishbone brand dressing but any would be fine. Pick your favorite.

Crockpot Italian Chicken 4 Chicken Breasts (thawed)     1 packet Zesty Italian Dressing Seasoning     1 8oz package of Cream Cheese     2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup     1/4 - 1/2 can of Milk  Instructions ( Edit )      Mix altogether in crockpot; cook on low for 4 hours. If sauce is too thick add a little milk. Serve over pasta or rice. #foods #delicious: Crockpot Italian Chicken
Tips:
* Use the powdered dressing mix. The liquid kind is too oily and will not work.
* Boneless, skinless chicken thighs works just as well, almost better than, breast meat.
* Using the low salt/low fat versions of the ingredients work just as well.
* Add olives, drained diced Italian tomatoes, or peas for additional veggies. Add these in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
* If you use low fat cream cheese, be sure to dice it up well before putting it in the pot. If not it is a little more clumpy than with the full fat version.
* Sometimes I throw in some frozen diced onion for some extra flavor.

Enjoy!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honduras 2016: The One and Only Thing

Intuition 101: Trusting the Little Voice

Things to Put in Your Mouth: Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies