Speak Peace: Not Hate

I was reading a post on a social media site awhile back that got to me. One of the comments was only mildly related to the post. The comment was "Keep America beautiful. KILL ALL THE (insert a misspelled religious group's name here)." I reported it to this site's admin as hate speech.

The response from the admin was that the forum had community rules and all people had the right to feel safe in their communications. This poster was protected by these rules and it was not hate speech.

::insert confused look here.:

How is that comment not hate speech? This nonsense is not something I care to understand. Have we as a nation and individuals become so afraid of something not like us that the instant response is hate and thoughts of murder? Are we that insecure that any whiff of something different is off putting?


Unknown photo credit


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honduras 2016: The One and Only Thing

Intuition 101: Trusting the Little Voice

Things to Put in Your Mouth: Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies