26.) Witness a Miracle
Tonight I witnessed a miracle: Mom and Daughter walked away from a multiple rollover accident.
Driving home from a late night dinner with a friend, I saw traffic backed up on my commute home. I quickly realized why. There was a SUV flipped over in the left median. A few cars had stopped but there was no paramedics or firefighters. I pulled over quickly and ran over. The car had crumpled most of the guardrail and was close to going over the embankment onto the road below.
There was a crowd of people standing around with no one really doing anything...expect the one guy looking in the car for other people. I quickly figured out that there was no one else in the car. Just a mom and daughter, A & M, that managed to get out before I pulled up. The other onlookers were insistent that we moved further away from the car. I didn't want to move A as she kept complaining of neck and back pain. Little M was being cuddled by one of the ladies that stopped. She seemed fine as first once-over except for some cuts on her feet. Without much warning, A jumped up and started walking away from the car...so much for me holding her neck still. I convinced her to sit back down. I got a lookie-loo to hold her head while I did a quick assessment. Before long another nurse who works at the local children's hospital was there and she took over the care for little M. After an eternity the fire department and ambulances arrived. The paramedics took over.
The full extent of their injuries remain to be seem. A was wearing a seat belt. She's going to be sore. Hopefully she doesn't have any internal injuries. Little M was strapped in the back seat but no car seat...a (suspected) broken shoulder and some cuts are good considering how bad it could have been.
As for me I'm exhausted I hurt allover and have some glass and gravel to remove from my person. My jeans will need lots of stain remover and my hair needs to be washed due to the bloody hug I got. My heart is thankful that it wasn't worse for them. Time for some ibuprofen and sleep for me. I need some peace,
Driving home from a late night dinner with a friend, I saw traffic backed up on my commute home. I quickly realized why. There was a SUV flipped over in the left median. A few cars had stopped but there was no paramedics or firefighters. I pulled over quickly and ran over. The car had crumpled most of the guardrail and was close to going over the embankment onto the road below.
There was a crowd of people standing around with no one really doing anything...expect the one guy looking in the car for other people. I quickly figured out that there was no one else in the car. Just a mom and daughter, A & M, that managed to get out before I pulled up. The other onlookers were insistent that we moved further away from the car. I didn't want to move A as she kept complaining of neck and back pain. Little M was being cuddled by one of the ladies that stopped. She seemed fine as first once-over except for some cuts on her feet. Without much warning, A jumped up and started walking away from the car...so much for me holding her neck still. I convinced her to sit back down. I got a lookie-loo to hold her head while I did a quick assessment. Before long another nurse who works at the local children's hospital was there and she took over the care for little M. After an eternity the fire department and ambulances arrived. The paramedics took over.
The full extent of their injuries remain to be seem. A was wearing a seat belt. She's going to be sore. Hopefully she doesn't have any internal injuries. Little M was strapped in the back seat but no car seat...a (suspected) broken shoulder and some cuts are good considering how bad it could have been.
As for me I'm exhausted I hurt allover and have some glass and gravel to remove from my person. My jeans will need lots of stain remover and my hair needs to be washed due to the bloody hug I got. My heart is thankful that it wasn't worse for them. Time for some ibuprofen and sleep for me. I need some peace,
Comments
Post a Comment