The first month...
Well, I started the job. I'm one month in. So far I've completed most of orientation, started day shift, nearly died multiple times while commuting, passed my NCLEX, responded to a code, dodged a punch, been laughed at, found a major issue, worked OT, and been called into the Manager's office. Sounds like a typical career start.
I'm loving it no matter how tired I am at the end of my shift, how sore my feet are and how little I feel like I get done. My nursing practice is such an evolving thing. I'm learning more about myself and I've come to realize something key. I need Jesus more each day to make this work...and not because I still pray everyday "Dear Jesus please don't let me kill someone by accident today" but because what I do is a labor of love and self that requires Him to move through me. I'm not strong enough or capable enough to make this happen in myself.
My morning meditation in the chapel this week led me to this verse:
Psalm 84:5 (ESV) "Blessed are those whose strength is in You, in whose heart are the highways to Zion."
I lean on Christ. Like that CFNI song The More I Seek You - Chorus:
"I want to sit at Your feet,
Drink from the cup in Your hand,
Lay back against and breathe,
Fill Your heartbeat,
This love is so deep,
It's more than I can stand,
I melt in Your peace,
It's overwhelming."
When I lean into Him I hear His heart beat and keep in step with His plan and purpose. In that moment I am rejuvenated by His love and grace for me.
Source: More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/c/christ_for_the_nations/#share
I'm loving it no matter how tired I am at the end of my shift, how sore my feet are and how little I feel like I get done. My nursing practice is such an evolving thing. I'm learning more about myself and I've come to realize something key. I need Jesus more each day to make this work...and not because I still pray everyday "Dear Jesus please don't let me kill someone by accident today" but because what I do is a labor of love and self that requires Him to move through me. I'm not strong enough or capable enough to make this happen in myself.
My morning meditation in the chapel this week led me to this verse:
Psalm 84:5 (ESV) "Blessed are those whose strength is in You, in whose heart are the highways to Zion."
I lean on Christ. Like that CFNI song The More I Seek You - Chorus:
"I want to sit at Your feet,
Drink from the cup in Your hand,
Lay back against and breathe,
Fill Your heartbeat,
This love is so deep,
It's more than I can stand,
I melt in Your peace,
It's overwhelming."
When I lean into Him I hear His heart beat and keep in step with His plan and purpose. In that moment I am rejuvenated by His love and grace for me.
Two more months of orientation before they turn me loose...watch out world...there's a new nurse around. :)
Source: More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/c/christ_for_the_nations/#share
Comments
Post a Comment