RN? Really?
I have a big girl ID now. It has my name followed by "RN" as in Registered Nurse and a big plaque of a tag that hangs underneath it declaring the same thing in case you need to read it at twenty paces. As exciting as this is I haven't passed my NCLEX. I find myself guarding this piece of plastic as though someone is going to steal it from me.
Alternately, there are times I wish I could hide it because I feel the full weight of the responsibility in that title. The people I care for don't need to know it's my third day (and I still have to take my exam). I have been given the power to practice now and I feel the weight of that responsibility. Anyone who says that it doesn't feel different is a liar or delusional.
Alternately, there are times I wish I could hide it because I feel the full weight of the responsibility in that title. The people I care for don't need to know it's my third day (and I still have to take my exam). I have been given the power to practice now and I feel the weight of that responsibility. Anyone who says that it doesn't feel different is a liar or delusional.
Comments
Post a Comment