Flashback: The Saddest Sight

Originally Posted to Myspace: May 3, 2007 01:49:00

I was walking into work this morning and saw the most troubling sight...a baby bird - newly hatched - that had lost it's little life. It's little bright red body caught my eye. I thought it as garbage. Upon a second glance, saw it's little yellow beak and realized it was a bird. It was so tiny that it could fit in my cupped hand. He didn't even have feathers yet. I stopped to mourn this little one for a moment. It almost made me cry. I wondered how it got there - in the middle of the driveway. Then I saw the culprit in the tree above me. Another bigger bid was poking in it's nest. My best guess is that it threw the little guy out of its nest.

So now the time draws close that I have to walk to my car again, and see the little lifeless one. All of this got me thinking...do we do this to each other? Shove the little helpless guy out of his place to get what we want. It may be actions or words, or the lack there of. Do you consider it a responsibility to contribute in someway to those around you?....It's a thought. What can you do today that will give someone the opportunity to grow to their potential? It doesn't take a hero, but it make you a hero in someone else's eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honduras 2016: The One and Only Thing

Intuition 101: Trusting the Little Voice

Things to Put in Your Mouth: Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies