Flashback: When Myspace was a Thing

Back in the day when Myspace was a thing, I had a little blog there. I joined Myspace towards the end of its popularity. I remember hearing of Facebook then but not wanting to use it because I didn't see the point and I didn't have a .edu email address. Once upon a time that was needed to register.

When Myspace changed their format to mostly music and whatever it is now, I thought I lost all of my blogs. After a long process and lots of waiting I was able to recover them. What I did loose was all of my email messages back and forth with Jeremy. Why he messaged via Myspace and not something more efficient I'll never know.

Over the next few months, I'm going to do a flash back to some of those early blogs. Where needed I will update or add commentary. For now enjoy!

______________________________________________________________
Date: 1/19/2007 9:18:00 AM


Childhood Toys: Mr. Potato Head


By working retail this holiday season, I've become reacquainted with some of the toys I knew as a kid.

The first that crossed my path is Mr. Potato Head. I was always fascinated by the ability to rearrange a face to make it look like something else. It's the creative power that seems fascinating. Then there is the Mrs. She's a cool…just because of the hat and earrings. But even cooler, the entirety of their face and accessories can be conveniently stored in the rump compartment. It's a carrying case and a toy!

While perusing the aisles at Sears, I discovered that they have an entire group of other rearrange- able veggie friends – corn, a carrot and a cucumber, I think.  It's not just about Spud, their tiny, tater tot, anymore. And if you don't like the clothes they come with you can buy lots of outfits to change the look to firefighter, mermaid, Darth Tater (Vader...no I'm not kidding), and even the Rock Star. The mustache in the pieces always reminds me on those ridiculous glasses, noses, fake moustache combos that cheesy detectives wore in old movies as disguises.
 
If I still had a desk, I think I'd like to put a Mrs. Potato Head on it. Then I could rearrange her appearance to reflect my mood...kinda like a mood ring, only way cooler.
As a result of my trip down memory lane, I have a desire to go purchase my own Potato Head with some of my remaining Christmas money;  a completely frivolous purchase that would put a smile on my face and a potato sized dent in my wallet.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honduras 2016: The One and Only Thing

Intuition 101: Trusting the Little Voice

Things to Put in Your Mouth: Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies