Things to Put in Your Mouth: Raspberry Lemon Cake
I love raspberries. They are tasty. I prefer them in things or frozen. When frozen they are tasty little goodness bombs that are sweeter than if they are refrigerated or room temp. What is better than combining lemon cake, which I also love, with raspberries? Not much.
I like to bake but I rarely have the patience to make one from scratch. I'm all about enhancing the mixes. Here is my take on my luscious Raspberry Lemon Cake I made for Easter.
Ingredients
Cake
- 1 Lemon cake mix (any brand will do but I'm partial to Duncan Hines or Pillsbury)
- all the ingredients from the cake mix box
- 1 pint of fresh raspberries washed gently mashed
Décor
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 pint of fresh raspberries, washed and dried
Directions
- Mix the cake according to package directions.
- Prep your pan and preheat the oven.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 of the cake batter into a separate bowl. (Personal preference varies by how much raspberry filling you want.)
- Mix the mashed raspberries into one bowl of the cake batter.
- Start filling your pan with the lemon batter. Pour about 1/3 to 1/2 of the batter.
- Then pour in part of the raspberry batter. You can put in a thin layer or just scatter it around.
- Continue to layer the batters until you are out. I personally finish with the lemon batter but it makes no difference. You can use a butter knife and gently swirl them together with a once back and forth zig-zag pattern if you so desire.
- Bake according to the box directions.
- Cool for 2- 5 minutes in the pan.
- Turn out onto the cooling rack to finish cooling. Cake will be moist. Be careful not to break it.
- While the cake is cooling, mix up your glaze. Stir until thin enough to drizzle but not thin enough to run off of the cake. You may need to add a little more cream or sugar depending on your mix.
- Drizzle glaze on cake when completely cooled. If desired for a layered glaze effect, apply one layer of drizzle and allow to dry before adding the next layer.
- Garnish as desired with fresh berries and lemon slices or wedges. These cannot be moist from washing or the glaze will start to dissolve.
- Keep refrigerated when not serving. Eat within 1-2 days...if it lasts that long!

Comments
Post a Comment