Ribbon Dancer - A 90s Flashback

Before you read any further watch the video and take a trip down memory lane with me to a time when side pony tails, t-shirt clips and neon were still popular in my life...




This toy was the bomb. Well its not so much of a toy but a cheap plastic stick with some foil ribbons coming out of the end. I remember seeing it on TV and wanting one. I thought the twirling with the shimmering cheap foil ribbons would make me a prima ballerina. I just wanted to dance and feel pretty. Never got one. It was outside of our budget. In all fairness it was probably way overpriced for what it was...but I don't remember I was 10. My mom put some ribbon on a dowel with a push pin and said "Have Fun." When that was too much work she tied ribbon on my baton...or gave it to me to do.  
 
Flash forward to 2015 when my hopes of becoming famous for my ribbon skills have faded...I have a massed quite a ribbon collection and have lots of friends with little kids. Someday I'll post the tutorial of how I made much more durable models with everyday items. Their injury rating was also much lower as there were no push pins involved in the final product. Until then relive your childhood through the commercial and pray I surface from all this homework. 

Comments

  1. Hello Shanea. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to stop by your blog post and have an opportunity to get connected with you as well as enjoyed the blog post. I am privileged and honored to get connected with you because of your profession as a Nurse. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and love to get connected with the people of God around the world to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. Due to poor sanitation in the slums the poorest of poor have different kinds of diseases. We organize medical camps to treat their diseases. I am sure your time with such people will bring spiritual and physical healing. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Also wish you a blessed and a Christ centered New year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shanea. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to stop by your blog post and have an opportunity to get connected with you as well as enjoyed the blog post. I am privileged and honored to get connected with you because of your profession as a Nurse. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and love to get connected with the people of God around the world to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. Due to poor sanitation in the slums the poorest of poor have different kinds of diseases. We organize medical camps to treat their diseases. I am sure your time with such people will bring spiritual and physical healing. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Also wish you a blessed and a Christ centered New year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Honduras 2016: The One and Only Thing

Intuition 101: Trusting the Little Voice

Things to Put in Your Mouth: Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies