Speed Dating

Since I'm in a new city it seems that I should try something new. The latest challenge is Speed Dating. Since online dating has been a bit of a wash filled mostly with messages that start with "Wanna smash?" or "Seeking Pony Play Partner" I've decided that I'll leave the profile up but the super creepers no longer even get a "thanks but no thanks" reply.

So the basic premise of speed dating is that you meet several (8-10+) guys in one night. Each one comes you your table for a quick chat, 6-8 minutes. Then at the end of the night, you mark who you want to see again. If there are mutual matches you get an e-mail the next day with the contact info of the people who matched with you. From there you being the awkward exchanges in hopes of a real date. The goal is that from those brief minutes you can remember a little something to keep conversation going.

I'm gonna give this a whirl. I'll report back later. It may be a lot later if I feel the stories are great enough that I need to protect the dignity of my dates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honduras 2016: The One and Only Thing

Intuition 101: Trusting the Little Voice

Things to Put in Your Mouth: Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies