Year One Review: Near CERT
A fresh transplant that was trached was entrusted to my care for the evening. As the shift went on, she became more anxious. Her vitals were stable. She kept saying that she just didn't feel right. After a quick run to the pharmacy, I peeked in on her and I knew something wasn't right. She was awake but not talking at all. I did a quick assessment and called for respiratory therapy. He and I began bagging her as her saturations were low and her lungs were had many crackles. The NP quickly responded though she was one of our newer NPs and was very unsure of what the situation called for. Between the RT and I recommending care action items and the NP consulting with another NP over the phone, we were able to get the patient the care she needed in a mostly timely fashion. At the end of that shift, I felt good about the care my patient received, the decisions I was able to contribute to and the teamwork I pulled together for my group.

Comments
Post a Comment