Starting the Jouney
I've made the decided to start the process of buying my own place. With the cos of rent in Houston, at least the parts I'd want to live in, I could own a place in a few years. It's daunting, scary and a bit overwhelming though necessary. Since I can't pack a backpack and leave the country tomorrow, I should probably put down some roots...even if they are shallow...like in a condo.
If worse come to it all, I'll pack up and sell the thing in a year or so. I'm looking forward to living closer to work and keeping night hours when I'm not working. I've started collecting things for the new place. Setting up a house is expensive and I'm certainly not throwing a wedding any time soon to fill the place with presents. For now the garage fills up with totes of dishes, towels, and kitchen utensils. My bank account fills with money for furniture as I currently own a book case and some plastic bins. I think I might need a sofa and a place to sleep though the sofa could double as both for awhile.
If worse come to it all, I'll pack up and sell the thing in a year or so. I'm looking forward to living closer to work and keeping night hours when I'm not working. I've started collecting things for the new place. Setting up a house is expensive and I'm certainly not throwing a wedding any time soon to fill the place with presents. For now the garage fills up with totes of dishes, towels, and kitchen utensils. My bank account fills with money for furniture as I currently own a book case and some plastic bins. I think I might need a sofa and a place to sleep though the sofa could double as both for awhile.
Comments
Post a Comment