Soundtrack: Disasters & Memories
I generally have a feeling about what "the song" is about everyone. The inspiration comes from something unique about our meeting or relationship.The title of this post is the title of one of my playlists on my iTunes. Each of these songs I listen to recall a memory of sorts whether it be a disaster or something more fond. I develop these associations with almost everyone in my life. Sometimes the other person knows as in the case of Ridin' Dirty by Chamillionaire. The lyrics to this song were texted back and forth for months if not years. Seeing one of those texts always put a smile on my face. Others are unaware of the song I think of when I think of them as it would pose a situation that might require an explanation as in Give Me Everything by Pitbull or Shackles by Mary Mary.
The selection below all seem to reflect the men that have been in my life over the last few years for various reasons. Some of them have been in my life long enough to have more than one. (If you happen to be one of these gentlemen reading this, you are free to guess which song might be yours. No guarantees I'll tell you if you are right.) I'm by no means implying that the actual lyrics of the song describe our specific relationship though there is something about each of these songs that remind me of a specific individual.
Here (In Your Arms): Hello Goodbye
Moves Like Jagger: Maroon 5
Barefoot Blue Jean Night: Jake Owen
Sugar, We're Going Down: Fall Out Boy
Ticking Heart: The One AM Radio
Glad You Came: The Wanted
Ticks: Brad Paisley
You're All I Have: Snow Patrol
Dirty Little Secret: The All-American Rejects
What If I'm Right: Sandi Thom
Movies: 7 Sharp 9
Let Love In: Goo Goo Dolls
Calling on Angels: Train
There is one person in my life who has yet to have a theme song. I'm perplexed by this. It has been weeks and nothing has cropped up yet. I have to keep working on this - an enigma it is.
Music is such a powerful memory generator. One of these days, when I finish challenge #18 on my 28 Feats List, I'll get around to posting my All-Time Jams list - a compilation of songs that put a smile on my face and move my heart.
Until then, enjoy some good tunes and send me your selections for your personal theme song. :)
The selection below all seem to reflect the men that have been in my life over the last few years for various reasons. Some of them have been in my life long enough to have more than one. (If you happen to be one of these gentlemen reading this, you are free to guess which song might be yours. No guarantees I'll tell you if you are right.) I'm by no means implying that the actual lyrics of the song describe our specific relationship though there is something about each of these songs that remind me of a specific individual.
Here (In Your Arms): Hello Goodbye
Moves Like Jagger: Maroon 5
Barefoot Blue Jean Night: Jake Owen
Sugar, We're Going Down: Fall Out Boy
Ticking Heart: The One AM Radio
Glad You Came: The Wanted
Ticks: Brad Paisley
You're All I Have: Snow Patrol
Dirty Little Secret: The All-American Rejects
What If I'm Right: Sandi Thom
Movies: 7 Sharp 9
Let Love In: Goo Goo Dolls
Calling on Angels: Train
There is one person in my life who has yet to have a theme song. I'm perplexed by this. It has been weeks and nothing has cropped up yet. I have to keep working on this - an enigma it is.
Music is such a powerful memory generator. One of these days, when I finish challenge #18 on my 28 Feats List, I'll get around to posting my All-Time Jams list - a compilation of songs that put a smile on my face and move my heart.
Until then, enjoy some good tunes and send me your selections for your personal theme song. :)
Any hope of me getting to know which (if any) song is 'mine'?
ReplyDelete